Sunday, March 22, 2015

Street Meets the Runway....Say Hello to Sneakers


Sneakers, Really?! Yes, Sneakers!

During last Fall’s Chanel and Dior runways shows, I was blown away by the sneakers. Yes, that’s what I said…sneakers. You missed it? Okay, no judgments here! Take a quick look…


Best 14 minutes spent this year? Okay, maybe not but it has to be at least one of the most fashionable! As usual, Karl Lagerfield out-did himself in spectacular fashion. And, Ms. Cara Delevingne made the show come alive. But as much as I adore Karl and Cara, I wasn't sold. Sneakers have been popular off the runway for eons. So, I chalked it up to a fun fashion moment. 

Let me be the first to say..."I was W-R-O-N-G". As I have said before fashion gets a bit sketchy...LOL! Allow me to introduce you (and myself) to a few of today's  designer sneakers...


Courtesy of theshoegame.com we have pics of Louis Vuitton's Jordan/Kanye West inspired Trailblazer sneaker. These kicks retails between $995 and $1995. 
 
Yes, I know that is bit sketchy for a college budget. But, no worries...I have a suggestion
 
footlocker.com
Grab a pair of the original Jordan Flight 45s (louis' inspiration). These retail for $113. I think that is something I can squeeze into the budget.Vintage is better, right? I'm just saying...
 
Considering Chanel inspired this voyage into the world of sneakers, we must include a look...
`
chanel.com     

Trainers by Chanel retail for $695 via Polyvore.com. While this particular style is sadly out of stock and out of my pricepoint, I would opt for an oldie but goody...
 
nike.com 
The customizable Nike Air Max. This Nike retails between $110 and $150. There are a variety of sneakers that meet the aesthetics of Chanel without the shocking price tag.

Dior has also remained on the sneaker bandwagon...

dior.com     
The Dior leather high-top sneaker reminds me of the cool kid in school. It isn't flashy but somehow you just know its special. Retail ranges from $695 to $995 depending on the retailer. Steep, right?

No worries...check out these high-top converse...
Stylish with a much more appropriate price tag. retailing for $99 to $130. While the design is not an exact replica, the cool kid feeling is still in effect.

So, as we have mentioned many times before fashion can get a bit sketchy for college students. Sadly, for better or worst that means some items will be out of reach. Oh well, let's take a look at the gorgeous designs....
 
lyst.com 
 
These Christian Louboutin high top sneakers are priced firmly at $2795.

barneys.com
 These Giuseppe sneakers are everything I aspire to be rough, rugged and glamorous all at once. Retail price $695.
barneys.com  
The Giuseppe Zanotti fur trim wedge zip sneaker is amazing with no comparison necessary. Retail $1395. These are simply fierce and not for the faint of heart.

Fashion is often sketchy but rarely unattainable. Strut the street like you are Ms. Cara on the runway...no heels necessary! Until next time...

Q


 


No comments:

Post a Comment